We are pleased to partner with our client in Surrey, BC on potential project opportunities. Currently we are anticipating project needs of a Document Controller for a 8-12 month project in the Lower Mainland, BC. The Document Controller will report to the Project/Construction Manager.
The Document Controller is responsible for ensuring that all project documentation is tracked, recorded, distributed and stored correctly. The role has total responsibility for coordinating and tracking of documents from inception to archiving. Documents include (at a minimum) contracts, plans, procedures and correspondence. The role is not responsible for the creation of documents. The Document Controller is fully aware at all times of the status of each document and where it is stored.
- Significant relevant work experience in document control.
- Able to demonstrate superior document control outcomes through efficient document control management and leadership.
- Experience within the construction industry, preferably pipeline construction.
- Commitment to health and safety, and willingness to comply with all Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures.
- Willingness to comply with all TQM policy, procedures and systems.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Create and update document matrixes to record all relevant information.
- Ensure documents are stored and filed appropriately to ensure easy retrieval.
- Find relevant documents and information as needed.
- Review documents and revisions as they come in and check for consistency and relationship to other documents.
- Edit documents as required to conform to standard document formatting and ensure documents are consistent internally.