Estimating Manager/Industrial/Oil Sands
Estimating Manager-Industrial/Oil Sands
Are you looking for more than a career? One of our valued clients, an employee owned commercial and industrial construction client has an immediate need for a full time, permanent Estimator located in Calgary, Red Deer or Edmonton.
This is an opportunity to join a growing organization that values their employees and provides a dynamic and collaborative environment.
The Estimator will provide estimating and administration support to the technical team and Operations group. This position will assist these groups in sub trade management and ensures all estimates/budgets have sub trade coverage. The Estimator will work with the Technical group in an efficient manner while learning and developing.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in Estimating in Oil and Gas, specifically in the Oil Sands, SAGD space. In addition, our client works with mostly industrial buildings and some commercial construction.
- 5+ years of construction experience with a focus in estimating for industrial and oil sands projects, as well as civil, and commercial
- Completion of post-secondary education with a diploma or degree related to construction management, estimating, engineering or related education
- Broad range of skills that allow you to flex into most preconstruction roles.
- Ability to inspect and review a site and create cost estimates, without blueprints
- Knowledge of key principles involved in bid preparation
- Strong computer knowledge with estimating software system
- Ability to work in an autonomous, unstructured environment
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Supporting the timely completion of projects
Our client provides a competitive salary, perks and benefits, with an opportunity to grow your career. This role requires candidates to work in a field and office environment with some overnight travel.
Must be eligible to work in Canada