Horizontal Directional Driller – Calgary
Energy Resourcing Canada is pleased to partner with our client to hire a full-time Horizontal Directional Driller to join their Calgary team.
Our well-established client provides quality underground construction services to utility companies throughout Western Canada. This position will be responsible for performing shallow horizontal directional drilling; troubleshooting and performing repairs, pulling all styles of fluted reamers from 6″ to 14″, and working closely with the Foreman and the other members of their construction crew to ensure that safe and efficient drilling procedures are followed.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
· Technical training from a recognized institute plus at least one year of experience as a horizontal directional driller in the natural gas distribution industry
· Vertical drilling experience; oilfield experience/vertical rig experience also acceptable
· Experience using Ditch Witch and Vermeer Directional Drills and sub-site locating systems an asset
· Ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds and work in a physically demanding environment
· Demonstrated ability to operate the controls of sub-surface horizontal drills
· Valid Class 1 Driver’s license; clean driving record-abstract requested upon hire-Q endorsement is an asset
· Excellent communication and customer service skills
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Strong commitment to a high level of workplace safety
· Team player, but able to work independently
This is a great opportunity to join a company that believes in fostering a family environment with a focus on safety, and collaboration.
Our client offers the opportunity to earn competitive pay, and is overtime eligible. If you are interested in hearing more about the role, please apply today!