HSE Safety Advisor
HSE Safety Advisor – Full Time/Contract (2yrs) in Kitimat BC
Do you have passion for Health and Safety? A global leader in mining and metallurgical is hiring a HSE Safety Advisor.
- 5 years of experience in developing and implementing health, safety and environmental programs to support businesses in managing their Health, Safety and Environmental risks.
- 5 years of experience in ensuring compliance with government regulations and company policies
- Has worked on multiple, smaller projects.
- Ability to work in Kitimat for a 2 year project (no relocation or fly in fly out, ideally looking for local candidates)
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in the implementation of safety systems and processes within region of Kitimat, BC
- Provide support and expertise to the operation
- Assist in reviewing safety exposures and current status
- Recommend and implements solutions
- Improve safety standards across the workforce
- Assist in ensuring compliance with statutory requirements, company policies and practices with regards to safety standards
- Assist in the monitoring of safety performance
- Coordinate safety audits on a regular basis and addresses all hazards appropriately
- Assist in the facilitating of HSE risk assessments
- Works with line management to identify hazards and find innovative solutions to safety issues
- Coaches line leaders (including contractors) on all safety related matters