IT Support / PC Refresh Technician (4-6 month contract)
We are undergoing a refresh project of approx. 200 computers, are down a resource and need to back-fill the position asap. Rate expectation ($22-$24/hr is the range) Interviews are held this week; starting 3/13. Please highlight ANY and ALL past PC refresh experience on your updated resume; this is crucial.
Laptop and Desktop PC refreshing including imaging, profile configuration, data transfer, application installation, and deployment.
Technical Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Desktop Support/Refresh technicians needed to perform computer refreshes across a business unit. Position will be in office, 40 hours per week and will consist of a primary remit of refreshing computers for each individual in that business unit. Refresh initiative expected to last up to 6 months.
- Must have experience and working knowledge of; Windows 7 OS, Windows 10 OS, imaging process (network and USB), data transfer/migration (network and external storage), Microsoft Office 2010, Microsoft Office 2016, application installation and configuration, installation of network printers on Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Must be able to configure multiple PCs at a time and properly back up and store old PCs after refresh
- Must be able to move PCs from desks onto carts and crawl under desks if needed during deployment of PC
- Responsible for confirmation of applications working properly and will report unresolved issues to IT Area Lead prior to deployment of PC to user
- Utilization of Office365 platform, experienced in Microsoft Outlook 2010 and Microsoft Outlook 2016, experienced with installation of Engineering Design Applications and configuring to license servers
- Experience with enterprise network from end-user support perspective
- Strong interpersonal skills working with users
- Previous experience troubleshooting and supporting Windows 7 and Windows 10 environments
- Good teaming skills, willingness to learn from peers, approachable, and strong attention to detail which should be reflected in quality of work
- PC Hardware: 1-2 years previous industry experience
- PC Imaging: 1-2 years previous industry experience
- Application installation: 2-3 years previous industry experience
- Desktop Support: 2-3 years previous industry experience
- A+ Certified or comparable certification