Senior Engineer – Industrialization
1. Carry out wiring design activities according to schematic design inputs.
2. Responsible for all projects, establish strict control and monitoring of design schedule by comprehensive coverage of design task list to ensure timely delivery of wiring design output to respective department.
3. Introduce and devise wiring design improvements & value engineering for existing or new design where necessary.
4. Take lead in develop an enhance Promis.e efficiency and functionality in order to simplify and expedite wiring design output cycle time.
5. Take full accountability of Promis.e parts and symbols database and create wiring design guideline to standardize wiring design document.
6. Responsible in design industrialization by any mean in order to close the gap between design and manufacturable thus improve manufacturing cycle time and reduce rework.
7. Introduce and devise design improvements & value engineering for existing or new wiring design where necessary.
8. Provide technical support to wiring team and QA members when necessary.
9. Carry out assessment of wiring design document to ensure resultant output is systematically verified against specification compliant, company quality standard, safety and functional reliability.
10. Carry out general managerial roles to ensure compliance with Company’s policies, develop subordinates’ capability via continuous training to ensure necessary skills proficiencies, knowledge and competency are acquired to carry out their responsibilities and achieve targets, ensure effective use of Company’s assets, established good internal & external relationship and communication and to be a good role model.
· Bachelor/Master/ Doctorate Degree in Engineering/ Electrical.
· Minimum 5 years of working experience in switchgear secondary design & manufacturing jobs with at least 3 years in leading/ supervising switchgear design & manufacturing projects.
· Proficient in AUTOCAD, PROMIS.E and Microsoft Office suites.
· Advanced level in drawing drafting standard & practical geometry tolerance.
· Advanced level in switchgear design methodology, power system analysis & calculation.
· Upper Intermediate level in design for manufacturability, switchgear design standard, switchgear related production and engineering knowledge, switchgear routine and type testing.
· Good knowledge on local & overseas market requirements.
· Excellent technical project management, leadership skills & team management.
· Possess good analytical and communication skills.
· Possess good communication & writing skills in Bahasa Malaysia and English.