Senior Estimator – Structural Steel projects
Intermediate – Senior Construction Estimator (Industrial Buildings)
The ideal candidate will provide estimating and administration support to the technical team and operations group. This position will assist these groups in sub trade management and ensure all estimates/budgets have sub trade coverage.
The Estimator will work with the Technical group in an efficient manner while learning and developing. The ideal candidate will have expertise in Estimating in the field of Construction, Industrial Plants/ Buildings, Oil/Gas (SAGD) and Mining projects.
- 5+ years of construction experience with a focus in Estimating industrial buildings
- Successful track record of providing accurate estimating packages that draw in new business
- Previous experience on midsize projects
- Gas Stations, Waste Water Treatment plants. Mining operations, and any Sag-D experience is considered an Asset
- Ability to inspect and review a site and create accurate cost estimates, without blueprints
- Completion of post-secondary education
- A diploma or degree related to construction management, estimating, engineering or related education is an Asset
- Strong computer knowledge with an emphasis on Excel and various estimating software
- Ability to work in an autonomous, unstructured environment
- Team player and excellent work ethic
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Supporting the timely completion of projects
Our client provides a competitive salary, perks and benefits, with an opportunity to grow your career. This role requires candidates to work in a field and office environment with some overnight travel.
Must be eligible to work in Canada