Sr Construction Superintendent
We are pleased to partner with our client in Surrey, BC on potential project opportunities. Currently we are anticipating project needs of a Sr Construction Superintendent for an 8-12 month project commencing early 2018 in the Lower Mainland, BC. In the absence of a Construction Manager the Sr Construction Superintendent is the most senior field based manager responsible for the execution of the construction of a project.
The Superintendent has responsibility for day to day planning and supervision of construction activities on a project, in a manner that meets planned project outcomes delivery of an allocated project to ensure that it is completed safely, profitably, on time and in accordance with Contract and the corporate objectives. The Superintendent will work closely with and actively support the Construction Manager. The Superintendent is the key organizer of construction activities onsite.
Qualifications relevant to the construction industry and/or relevant work experience specifically with a minimum 10 years experience in construction supervision.
- Treats Safety/Quality/Environment/Lands/Cultural Heritage management as integral elements of the construction process.
- Able to work in industry standard work cycles (6 days on, 1 day off)
- Strong commitment to health and safety legislation and all Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures.
- Strong commitment to Total Quality Management (TQM) policy, procedures and systems.
- Proactively seek ways to improve productivity by altering sequence / timing / methodology.
- Provide leadership and direction to staff.
- Arrange and hold:
- construction meetings with supervisors (weekly)
- pre-start meetings (daily)
- toolbox talks (weekly, and at the start of each work cycle).
- Cost control function is actively supported as demonstrated by a good working understanding of the budget and how decisions impact on that.
- Ensure that requisitions for materials are properly prepared.
- Assist with the identification of training requirements and coordinate the release of personnel for training.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are communicated to and implemented by construction personnel.
- Allocating decision-making authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate others to maximize the organization’s and individuals’ effectiveness.
- Identify and understand issues, problems and the opportunities to solve and draw conclusions. Choosing an appropriate course of action.