Staff Accountant II
Our client, a large pipe manufacturing company located in the galleria area, is looking for a Staff Accountant II to join their team.
Applies principles of accounting to process and analyze financial information, and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The abilities and/or responsibilities of the staff accountant included, but are not limited to, the following:
· General ledger accounting and related account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
· Maintain appropriate documentation to support work.
· Preparation and processing of journal entries and various other documents (accounts payable, inventory change, expense reports) via department heads and plant managers.
· Assist in the monthly close of the inventory system, including volume movement and production cost analysis.
· Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements.
· Assist in preparation of monthly forecasts.
· Assist in annual budget process.
· Prepare journal entries as necessary.
· Proficient in the use of SAP financial modules and the SAP material master.
· Proficient in the use of Excel.
· Perform monthly account reconciliations.
· Assist in fixed asset accounting and in accounting for construction projects.
· Respond to inquiries from management regarding expenses, budgets, etc.
· Perform the primary thinking encompassed by this job description, and any other job responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
· Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
EDUCATION And/Or EXPERIENCE
B.S. in Accounting, plus three to six years of relevant work experience.
Minimum 3.0 GPA
Travel up to 10% including air travel or auto travel.